Sunday, April 21, 2013

Snippet Sunday

Snippet Sunday

Well, don't know how long I'll stick to this, lol! But I'm participating in a Facebook/Twitter project. Snippet Sunday. Writer's post an eight sentence snippet from a book or WIP on his/her blog, add the blog link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/401643826588474/ and then Tweet the link and/or post it on his/her author Facebook page.

Got the idea?

If you're in the market for a new author or exciting book and mine doesn't appeal to you, go to the Facebook link above, check out the other author's pages, and see if you can find a snippet that sounds like a book you'd like to read.

The snippet below is from my paranormal romance, Embrace the Darkness, the second book in my Darkness Series.

Blurb: An experimental vaccine gives vampire Gerard Delaroche hope for the first time in two centuries--until two people are brutally murdered, and he suspects a conspiracy between vampires and mortals. To solve the crime, he must put his trust in a beautiful detective. But is former soldier and MP turned detective, Amber Buckley, a threat to his existence? Or the answer to his prayers?

Amber Buckley and her partner are assigned to do follow up interviews in the Lifeblood of America slayings. Amber believes she and Reid are just new eyes on a cold case. That is, until she meets Gerard Delaroche. Something about him teases long-buried memories Amber would rather not chase. However, the two join together, falling into more than resolution of a murder case. It seems Amber has some dark secrets of her own.

To find their way into the light, Amber and Gerard must first EMBRACE THE DARKNESS.
Setup: Gerard is about to confess he's a vampire.



“Go home, Delaroche. Let the police handle this. If
you have information you’d like to share, Detective
Sheridan and I will talk to you tomorrow.”

“But I need to talk to you now. Alone. Tonight.”
He stepped forward.

She slipped her hand back inside her jacket. Her
fingers never touched her Glock. Fear—or something
else—held her immobile.

10 comments:

  1. I definitely have this book on my TBR pile!!! :-) Awesome snippet!
    April London
    http://aprillondon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the snippet (I don't think that's fear keeping her from pulling her gun) and I love the blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilly, this story sounds outstanding. All this time and I don't think I even knew the premise behind this one. Definitely adding it to my TBR pile! Great snippet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sarah & AJ. And A.J., I'll see you on our blog swap next Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. "Fear or something else..." A feeling of dread gripped my stomach with that phrase. Nicely written!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Snippet Sunday and to Weekend Writing, Lily! Glad you're joining in. I'm really liking the premise here and the dynamic between Amber and Gerard. Great snippet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intriguing snippet - quite scary too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting premise and this excerpt really pulled me into the story...terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. EMBRACE THE DARKNES is amazing and also Lilly's First book, OUT OF THE DARKNESS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the comments and for checking out my snippet. Between writing, cleaning, and working in my yard, I've enjoyed reading all the other snippets today. And no, I did not go to church. But I gave thanks for this beautiful day. :-)

    ReplyDelete