Sunday, February 24, 2013

Early Release Day!

Embrace the Darkness, my paranormal romantic suspense and sequel to my 2010 release, Out of the Darkness will release on June 21, 2013. But today, I got an awesome surprise in my email box. Embrace the Darkness is part of Amazon's KDP promotional program. So from now until June, Embrace the Darkness will be available excursively through Amazon!

As part of my planned, promotional posts, I'm going to be posting excerpts. But not just any excerpts. These excerpts are things people I know in real life say. And what fun I had "quoting" them.

I've never based a character off of real people, but my characters in ETD sometimes quote people I know. So, here's the first excerpt:

Setup: My heroine, Amber, and her partner, Reid, are searching for a suspected vampire, a mad scientist (Dr. Steve Weldon from the first book) and a kidnapped victim.


Reid looked at Amber as if daring her to disagree.“She has a point. We can’t just show up in another town, flash our badges, and enter a privately owned facility without a warrant. Even if your vampire buddies can manufacture the paper work we need to cover our asses later, we can’t just storm the facility with guns drawn and stakes poised. We’d look insane.”

Amber didn’t have an argument, but she wasn’t backing down.
It is what it is.


Today's line comes from my oldest daughter and a co-worker who use the highlighted phrase quite frequently.

Hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt. More to come later!

2 comments:

  1. I am reading EMBRACE THE DARKNESS now! Five thumbs up so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy it. That's the book I finished in July when Jennifer & Michael were visiting.

    ReplyDelete