Friday, August 26, 2011

Fun and Frightening Friday.

What's fun about today? I have an interview up at Emma Lai's. http://emmalaiwrites.blogspot.com/2011/08/lilly-gayle-author-of-slightly.html?showComment=1314355536845#c4442594006988822020

What's frightening? Well, there's a hurricane a-blowin'! I'm not on the coast, but I do live smack-dab in the center of north central North Carolina about three hours from the coast. And three hours is nothing when there are 120 MPH winds. We also own a camper at Emerald Isle on the Crystal Coast and I'm wondering if it's going to survive. To top things off, I have guests due at my house tomorrow. It's supposed to be a birthday pool party for my brother and sis-in-law, but I don't think I want people in the pool with 70 MPH gusts and torrential rains. So, I have a dilemma. Cancel the party at the last minute? Or ride it out in the house and hope the power doesn't go out?

Hate to disappoint my family, especially my two little nephews who were looking forward to coming to their mom and dad's birthday pool party. But, I think the party is cancelled. Especially since my mother-in-law lives down east and will be evacuating to my house.

It's going to be a wild and windy weekend. In the words of a sign posted at a hotel on the Outter Banks this morning: The earth did shake, the wind will blow, but sorry folks you gotta go.

2 comments: