Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day! And God bless the men and women of our military and their families for the sacrifices they make for this country every day. Your service to America is greatly appreciated. Today is a day worth celebrating!

So, what are your holiday plans?

No surprise, I'm spending my weekend at the beach, on of my favorite places in the world. I drove down after work on Thursday and met a friend/co-worker at Bushwhackers on the pier. Then after dinner, we went to Amos Mosquito's for some karaoke.

I spent Friday on the beach with neighbors from around the camper park where I camper is located in Emerald Isle. Then, I came back to the camper for supper and to write until my husband arrived later that night.

Saturday was a perfect day. The water was so calm, and peaceful. Perfect for swimmers. Not for surfers. Near the shore, the sea was a crystal green but as the water got deeper, it turned ocean blue. There was a distinct line near the horizon where the water changed colors. It was breath-taking.

We spent most of the day on the beach visiting with camper neighbors, swimming and just enjoying the sun and ocean breezes. And I read a story I recently downloaded on my NOOK.

I love reading on the beach. For me, it's one of the most relaxing things in the world. When I'm stressed or tired or just sick of all the bad things in the world, I can sit out on the beach with a good book and all is right with the world.

Maybe it's the book. Or maybe it's just the beach. I can also sit on the beach at night without a book and get that same sense of peaceful calm. It's awe-inspiring. Looking out over the ocean and the never-ending pounding of the surf, I know we're not alone on this planet. And no matter how bad things might seem at the time, as I sit on the beach and find that calm that's deep inside of us all, I know everything is going to be all right. Life will work out the way it was meant to.

This Independence Day, I pray that every soldier, sailor, airman, and marine find peace and contentment. You are not alone and your country is thankful for every sacrifice, both minor and major.

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment